Have you ever wondered How to get your files from your PC to the MAC computer. Here is a guide for you. I use this all the time to make my videos.
1. You want to put the the computer and the mac on the same network.
2. On the PC computer go to the folder that you want to share out and right click then go to sharing and security.
3. You then want to click on Share this folder. Then click the button that says apply. If you just want to read the folder to transfer something to your MAC then you don’t need to worry about the permissions. If you want to add other documents and folders then you want to change the permissions by going to the permissions folder.
4. You will then want to find the IP address of the PC. You can do this by going to Start – > Run -> then Type in the input box CMD. Then click OK. This will bring up the command window. In the window you want to type IPCONFIG /ALL. You want to find the section where it says IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.3.101. This address is my IP address.
5. On the MAC you want to go to GO on the top toolbar. Then click where it says connect to server.
6. Then in the input box type in smb://the ip address from your windows machine then press connect.